IMPLEMENTED SO FAR

- Support for 4x20 LCD Display and large number display
- Brightness and contrast adjustment with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC volume control: remote and rotary encoder
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC random filter selection 1 to 5 with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC upsampling selection (L, M, H -this is the OSR setting)
- I2C level shifting (5V to 3.3V)
- Optimized power-up sequence

Monday, March 22, 2010

Another Musiland 01 Mini mod

I removed the capacitors I installed in the backside of the board (see here). Instead I removed the capacitor from the switching supplies -power traces cut- (220 uf) and replaced the capacitors of the linear regulators (10 uf). Another advantage of getting the mini...

6 comments:

askchan said...

I am going to connect 01 mini to some old DAC such as CS4328-KP because I just listen to 44.1Khz or 48Khz quality materials. Would you please tell me the frequency of the system clock that the Xilinx generated?

Anonymous said...

Check this post: http://hifiduino.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-are-clocks-generated-in-musiland.html

Anonymous said...

Dear HIFIDUNIO

I would like to confirm that this mod is very worth to be done. Finaly I did managed to "clean" my Musiland 01US as you did advice and the resoulds are very vey nice, definetely this is worth to be done.

Could You share any coments at diferences or similarites regarding runing Your Bufallo32s from Musiland by SPIDF versus I2S.. this is something I would like to have Your opinion.

Anyway very nice DAC you have got, and Your pictures are making me even more jelous...

Best regards
Greg /Rosendorfer

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg,

Good to hear the mod worked well for you. Good reports over at: http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=pcaudio&m=71794 One user prefers it over the Hiface device. I personally like it because it is cheap and easy to mod.

Regarding Buffalo II, I'm still building it. Then I need firmware. But the pictures look better than in real life :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear HIFIDUINO

The Musiland is really getting better...
I'm looking forward at Your Buffallo "impressions".
This SPIDF vs I2S thing is somehow interesting...

Anyway Your pictures are amazing....

I'm afraid I will never be crazy again to send You mine. .. ;).

Best Regards
GREG/Rosendorfer

Thomas & Betts said...

good circuit.